Sunday 29 November 2015

Learning to Play the Drums!

At the start of this year I started to learn how to play the drums! I began lessons because I had previously learned how to play the guitar at the same place, and the teachers were really nice and made learning extremely easy and relaxed. I went into my first few lessons expecting to come out knowing how to play my favourite songs using the instrument, but was surprised to find that playing the drums is much harder than that - you can only learn so much in one lesson. At first, I felt like giving up learning to play the instrument because I aimed to play songs with impressive rolls and complex double beats. As the lessons progressed, and as I persevered despite wanting to quit, I found that trying to play my favourite songs was unrealistic, as I had not yet learned how to maintain a steady meter. Eventually, after months of going back and learning more, I managed to balance my meter and keep in rhythm. Because of my perseverance I am now able to play a few of my favourite songs!

Hours gained from activity:
Creativity: 10
Activity: 0
Service: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment