Monday 11 April 2016

Assembling My New Bed!

I recently purchased a new bed, larger than my last double bed, which meant a lot of assembling for me as the bed pieces came as a flat-pack. Because it is quite a large bed, it might have been quite a lengthy task, but with the help of my father and his tools, it was completely assembled within an hour and a half. In the past, these kinds of household tasks were always left to my dad because I have always been more concerned with creative productivity. However, through my participation in assembling my bed, I am taking away a different kind of creative skill, and through working collaboratively with my dad, I am more aware of the convenience of a helping hand, especially when I have other things to do on a weekend, for instance, my homework.

Hours gained from activity
Creativity: 2
Activity: 0
Service: 0

2 comments:

  1. What a great story about setting up a mattress! You make a great point on how important it can be to have a set of helping hands - it really makes the difference in productivity and ease. Glad he was there to help! I am also glad you found the creative light to a mattress related project, good outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to you. Sure, its less expensive to purchase furniture that needs to be assembled but I have always found that I cannot put it together properly. At least you have your own handyman of a dad with you. Bonus points for having his tools there too!

    Dante Storey @ The Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete