Monday 1 June 2015

Keeping Fit At the Gym!

During my final years in high school,  doing the IB course, it is extremely important to not let study and assignments restrict me from keeping fit and healthy. This year, I was given a gym membership from my mother and I use it three times each week. This provides me with, not only an escape from constantly doing homework, but also a with new experiences and a means of keeping fit. When I first joined the gym, I was slightly reluctant to try the equipment and weight machinery as it was all extremely new to me. I felt drawn to familiar machines such as the treadmill and cross-trainer because I thought I would get a better workout if I knew what I was doing. As I progressed throughout the term, I found myself using the other equipment much more often than before, and experimenting with new creative exercises to ensure long term health benefits. Every Tuesday afternoon, I take part in a "Body Combat" gym class. This class is pre-choreographed and incorporates martial art techniques into a high-energy calorie burning method of keeping fit. These classes have taught me how to engage in class activities in a different way than a school classroom environment. As a result of these classes I have gained new skills and intensely challenged my body in many different ways! 

Hours gained from activity:
Creativity: 0
Activity: 10
Service: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment