Wednesday 17 June 2015

Rock Climbing In Chiang Mai!

On the Thursday of our one week trip to Thailand we went to an awesome climbing spot, a very popular tourist attraction in Chiang Mai for obvious reasons! There were two activities to participate in at this reserve, so our class split into two groups. My group went rock climbing first, which was very scary for me personally. I have always been afraid of heights and have never really had much practice in rock climbing. With the moral support from my group, I was able to face my fears and climb a few of the huge rock walls! It was so much fun, and one of the instructors was helping me by doing small exercises with me to make me more comfortable with the height. When I reached the top of the first wall I climbed, I felt very satisfied and actually very proud of myself! After we had finished with the rock climbing, the groups met back and had lunch. After that our group made our way to a huge cave and were told that we were able to zip line across a cave and rappel down! After having climbed the rocks that did not sound too bad, but I was still a bit nervous. We arrive in the cave after a steep trek, had to climb a few rocks to get to the zip line and then took turns to zip line across. It was so much fun and one of the most memorable experiences from the trip! 

Hours gained from activity:
Creativity: 0
Activity: 4
Service: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment